11.02.2008

It's over...

Anytime a director closes a show I think there is a bit of remorse. A mourning of sorts.

I'm the type to throw myself into another project and distance myself from what I was working on so it isn't as hard for me. I've been more distant from the show, saying "my job is done, the show isn't mine anymore", which is true. It's not mine anymore, the stage manager is in charge, they are supposed to run the show.

They still looked to me for guidance during the strike today, which made me a little sentimental. I really enjoyed working with all of them and appreciate the journey they went on to put this show on it's feet.

One world premiere done. Stage management up next. I've also been asked to direct a staged reading in the next two weeks, which I'm trying to make myself focus enough to sit down and read (it's not working very well at this moment). Then a nice long break before the next show. Now will I actually stick to my break schedule? Maybe, but we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment