10.28.2008

Review: Watch, A Haunting

So we just finished up week two of our three week run and I think the press has been really good. Here are the reviews we've gotten so far. Please note that in Baltimore, unless you work for one of the "professional" (professional = union) stages, it's harder to be reviewed.


Read about the show from the City Paper's Goeffrey Himes.

Listen to YPR's Martha Thomas talk about Watch, A Haunting.

So let me know what you think! I think in general the reviews are positive. This is what I'm taking away from them:

Pros - genuine, simple, earnest, potential, minimalistic

Cons - sound effects, unrealized potential

So after this show closes, I'm on to the next. Not directing this time, but to Stage Manage for Cloud 9. Back @ Spots again, oh how I love that theatre! (And of course their AMAZING Artistic Director) This one is going to be a long one since we don't go up until mid-February. And then... a much needed break. I'll be back at Spots (of course) to direct another new work come next August. What new work you ask? I don't know, haven't decided yet since I'm the Baltimore Playwrights Festival rep for Spots and have a TON of plays to look through. I'm excited though.

An Update: Me & the AD are on great terms now. Back to how we were before we disagreed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment