10.28.2008

To Start Anew...

So last night was the first production meeting for Cloud 9 by Caryl Churchill. I'm a big fan of Caryl (I talk like I've met her, though I have not) and think her work is amazing. She makes statements with her work.

It felt good to be back at the beginning of the process again. Though Watch only has one more weekend left in the run, jumping in on something else will help with the grieving period. What I mean is that when a show closes there is a sense of loss. Not sure what to do with your nights anymore, you are thrust back into normal life. It's been weird to come home every night after work and not have to race off to the theatre, but still good. It's nice to be able to sit at home and read a play. (or write a blog post...)

Anyways, working on this next show is really exciting. My director is an awesome guy and it's great to have a full production team. (Unlike the last two shows!) That means I can focus on stage managing and props. I think I may be a little on the over organized side, but I need to be when I start the show so that way if I slip up a little later on, I'm still ahead of the game.

I also started my position with the Baltimore Playwrights Festival as the rep for Spots. So far I've read one play and am really excited about it. It's the first one, but it engaged me. I don't think it's right for Spots' season, but definitely something I would love to work on in the future.

Anyways, not sure if there was a real point to this post except to say that I'm in a good place moving forward and excited for the next show!

No comments:

Post a Comment