2.03.2009

Bermuda @ The Strand

So Sunday I hopped on over to one of my favorite theaters in town, The Strand. It's a small theater in an old Victorian row home which resides in the Station North Arts District. Just up the street from the Everyman and the Charles Theater, it's a great little place to catch a show.

The show I saw was Bermuda by Noah Galuten (famous for his http://manbitesworld.com/ blog). It's a quick little piece, only about an hour long, but a lot happens in a short amount of time. It's about a new married man and wife who have the husband's brother over for dinner. As we all know, nothing ever good happens over the dinner table in theatre. So chaos ensues. The play kind of reminds me of a mix between "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" and Dharma & Greg, but without the kookiness.

It's worth a look for sure. Well written and with a strong director. I think sometimes there was a slight disconnect with what the actors were saying, but I also over analyze any piece of theatre I see.

It runs until February 15th, Friday, Saturday & Sunday. More info at http://www.strandtheatercompany.org/.

No comments:

Post a Comment