9.04.2008

Simplicty of your needs.

As actors, we try to justify everything we do and say on stage. We create trains of thought, stories to flesh out our character's history, we create a whole new person inside of us. We find truth in a story that was created. We live truthfully in imaginary circumstances.

I do find one thing though... Actors find it very hard to get to the core want/need of the character. They over complicate the simplicity of what we all want. It comes down to one simple thing that will fulfill us completely. For example, in my own life all that I do focuses on one thing.

What is that one thing? Expressing myself. I do theatre to express my artistic viewpoint. I write a blog to express my ideas on theatre and the work I do. I express myself in my work by advocating social media/networking and how I think it can benefit people. As an actor I want to express the character I've created.

We all have one thing we yearn for, the deep dark core of our soul. What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment