9.03.2008

My Worlds Colliding

So I'm sure most don't know what I do for a living. I am in the association management field, doing membership marketing & services. One of my passions in my professional life is Social Media and I obviously have a passion for theatre since I write a blog about it.

It looks like my world are combining...



Bringing the movie trailer to the theatre and using viral marketing to get the word out. Genius! (I feel like the Guinness radio ad)

I recently ran into someone locally doing this as well. Fuzz Rourk, one of the producers for Bare, the musical in Baltimore, was editing videos one day when I walked into Spots. I asked him what it was, and they were videos of rehearsal that he was going to use to promote the show. The Baltimore theatre scene is already present in the Facebook realm, but this brings up the question as to whether or not social media and viral marketing work for the theatre. Is it money/energy well spent or a bandwagon that we are bound to fall off of?

No comments:

Post a Comment